We’ve been counting down the days to SXSW, and it is officially here, people! We’ve got our calendars color-coded to navigate our way through multiple events; we’re downing Emergen-C; and we’re ready to get down to business (growth) with you. Team Alice will be painting the town for five rockin’ days, and we want to meet you. Find us at these events to connect!
Friday, March 8
- Jump start your SXSW experience with us at the Female Founders Breakfast at Facebook #SheMeansBusiness House from 8:00 AM-10:30 a.m. This breakfast is all about providing meaningful conversation around the issues that female entrepreneurs face in getting started and navigating business growth.
- At 1:30 p.m., join Alice prez Elizabeth Gore at the Austin Convention Center, where she will be speaking at the Mercedes Media Lounge with Refinery29’s Piera Gelardi. Relax, caffeinate and socialize while listening to an honest conversation about female entrepreneurship.
- When 2:00 p.m. hits, Team Alice divides and conquers! Come find Jillian Benvenuti and Courtenay Siegfried at the official SXSW International Women’s Day Celebration with the EU House. Be sure you drop by the Alice table with your burning business questions, or what we like to call “Startup Therapy.”
- At 2:50 p.m., Elizabeth and Bumble COO Sarah Jones Simmer take the stage at the Fast Company Grill to talk about our ecosystem-changing partnership to bring more funding and support directly to female founders.
- Looking for something to take the edge off after a crazy eventful day at SXSW? Jump on over to the Inc. Founders House at 5:30 p.m., where Elizabeth will be serving up a signature cocktail and business advice.
Saturday, March 9
- Kick off your Saturday with the Change Agents Connect Brunch at the Line Hotel at 11:00 a.m. to connect with visionary women leaders and chat about big ideas.
- And because there’s no such thing as too much brunch, we’re also hitting up Silicon Valley Bank’s “Why Diversity Matters in the Boardroom” brunch.
- At the same time, you’ll find Elizabeth chatting about Women’s Entrepreneurship with UN Women and EU @ SXSW Inclusive Innovation. Other panelists for this event include EU Ambassador to the U.S. Caroline Vicni, Black Girl Ventures founder Shelly Bell and UN Women’s EmpowerWomen manager Anna Falth. This discussion will showcase new efforts to drive critical support to women entrepreneurs, while also tackling how companies are taking steps to encourage a gender-inclusive workforce.
- At 3:00 p.m., meet us at the Inc. Founders House where Case Foundation CEO, author and inclusive entrepreneurship champion Jean Case will chat with Elizabeth about what it means to “Be Fearless” in entrepreneurship.
- We’re then heading over to Capital Factory for drinks with our pals at Bunker Labs’ SXSW Military Happy Hour.
Sunday, March 10
- It’s time for Sunday Funday with Alice and Bumble Bizz! We teamed up with our favorite Queen Bees for a mini-conference (11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Jo’s Coffee) to help you start and grow your business. You’ll hear from Jean Case, Inc.’s James Ledbetter, Salesforce Essentials’ Marie Rosecrans, L’Oreal’s Rachel Weiss, The Riveter’s Amy Nelson, Fast Company’s Stephanie Mehta, Bumble’s Sarah Jones Simmer, Harlem Capital Partners’ John Henry and Alice’s Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore. It’s going to be a jam-packed four hours of awesome! Entrance is first-come, first-in with very limited space, so we suggest coming early. Be sure you have the Bumble app downloaded to your phone for entrance, too!
- After a coffee and conversation-fueled morning with Alice @ the Bumble Hive, a few of us will be headed to Springboard’s Women Funding Women at the Experience by Dell Technologies. This event aims to shine a spotlight on the investments made in women-led companies while encouraging more women to invest.
- End the weekend with us at Startup Night SXSW 2019, presented by Eventbrite, for mixing, mingling and cocktailing.
Monday, March 11
- It’s already Monday, and we’re still going! It’s time for BGV Pitch, where 10 Black women founders will compete for more than $10K in cash and prizes, thanks to Bumble Bizz, Google, Capital Factory and others.
- DJ Hank Shocklee of Public Enemy keeps the party going at the kickoff to the sixth annual Innovation Policy Day hosted by Consumer Technology Association (CTA). You'll be ready to take on Tuesday after this reception.
Tuesday, March 12
- Still with us? You’re a champion! No one ever claimed SXSW was a sprint. On this fine day, you’ll find Courtenay breaking out her inner policy wonk cape for CTA’s Innovation Policy Day. Innovation Policy Day is a day-long summit that brings together a diverse group of panelists to discuss policies that impact the emerging and disruptive technologies changing the way we live and work.
Whew. Give yourself a high five for making the most out of SXSW! But Team Alice can’t stop, won’t stop. Join us every day at HelloAlice.com for endless (and curated) resources and opportunities to grow your biz.